INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

How do I file harassment charges against a neighbor in PA

How do I file harassment charges against a neighbor in PA? Can restraining order against neighbor (person is of no relation) for threatening physical harm?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You can file a police report and seek a restraining order. You can have a lawyer send a warning letter to cease and desist the conduct. You can also sue in civil court for any injuries sustained.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the police did not want to do anything when this happened today, which is why he told me to file charges with the dj on monday- do i need a police report before filing with the dj? if not, and i want to file a restraining order, what is the process- do i have to go to the police department and file a report? i wanted to do this today when i called the police. what can i expect to be done after i file with the dj and what is the finality of the process?
You should consider going to the police again with counsel and pressing the seriousness of the issue. Often with legal counsel involved the complaint receives its due attention and a restraining order more easily secured.