How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56561
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file harassment charges against a neighbor in PA

Resolved Question:

How do I file harassment charges against a neighbor in PA? Can restraining order against neighbor (person is of no relation) for threatening physical harm?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You can file a police report and seek a restraining order. You can have a lawyer send a warning letter to cease and desist the conduct. You can also sue in civil court for any injuries sustained.
INFOLAWYER and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the police did not want to do anything when this happened today, which is why he told me to file charges with the dj on monday- do i need a police report before filing with the dj? if not, and i want to file a restraining order, what is the process- do i have to go to the police department and file a report? i wanted to do this today when i called the police. what can i expect to be done after i file with the dj and what is the finality of the process?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You should consider going to the police again with counsel and pressing the seriousness of the issue. Often with legal counsel involved the complaint receives its due attention and a restraining order more easily secured.