How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57333
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i drop charges on a domestic violence dispute

Resolved Question:

how do i drop charges on a domestic violence dispute
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If you filed a complaint with the police, you can ask the local prosecutor assigned to not pursue it. Often the prosecutor will listen but is not required to since he or she represent the state, but absent a cooperative witness, it is often a case hard to pursue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Would writing letters to the judge and DA help the case to be drop?

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You should call the DA and ask for a meeting and then discuss it in advance of the court date.
INFOLAWYER and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you