LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Does the state of Indiana have any regulations on releasing

Does the state of Indiana have any regulations on releasing of placentas from hospitals to the parents?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

My research shows that at present Indiana does not have any specific law dealing with the disposal of Pathological waste/recognizable human tissue. The link below shows each state's stand on disposal of human tissue.

http://www.noharm.org/details.cfm?type=document&id=765

It would then fall to the hospital's procedure as to what happens to the placenta following a live birth.

Human tissues are generally considered hazardous materials and it is unlikely that you will be able to convince the hospital to allow you to take it with you.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug