How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizAttorney Your Own Question
BizAttorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2273
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
BizAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually abused by my now ex-husband while I was having

Resolved Question:

I was sexually abused by my now ex-husband while I was having seizures. How do I handle this legally?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry you had to go through that. However, you can still bring a suit against him for assault/battery in a court of law. It is easier to prove than in a criminal court. You will just need to prove he did that to you by a preponderance of evidence and that because of his rape, you are now having seizures.

I would bring suit if he has the money to pay you for your damages. If you don't, then I wouldn't. Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

He does have the money to pay me for damages. Since I have left him, I no longer have seizures or depression issues. At that time, I was seeing a (2) Psychiatrist and (2)Social Workers...all who I informed of his actions against me. I didn't press the issue then because I was on complete disability, having seizures and serious depression issues.


Would that be reason for him to be charged with a crime?


Thanks for your help.



Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
I don't think the DA will have enough evidence to convict him of a crime, but you can still report it with the police and let them make the determination.

Civilly you would have claim against him and could take him to court for money damages. Good luck!
BizAttorney and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you