How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizAttorney Your Own Question
BizAttorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2273
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
BizAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In WA state 2002 Tina was ordered to appear in court on theft

Customer Question

In WA state 2002 Tina was ordered to appear in court on theft 1 & 2(not firearm. She didnt appear and a bench warrant was issued. It is now 2009 what should she do to clear this matter up? what are the statue of limitations? what kind of jail time could she face?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
The statute of limitations would not apply as she acted against a court order. The only thing to clear this up would be to talk to the DA and let him or her know she wants to remedy the situation. Ask to offer into a plea deal but don't give any information showing where she is right now. Good luck and she is doing the right thing!