How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizAttorney Your Own Question
BizAttorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2273
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
BizAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name isXXXXXony i have a prb that i need to fix. People

Resolved Question:

Hi my name isXXXXX i have a prb that i need to fix. People tell me that i need to sue the county.i was fired from a job at the Robertson County Jail.I was a ard worker and was always early and left late.Im also a SGT.In the TN Army National Guard so i have high standards.I was Accused of harrisment From a Woman whom we will call Officer Haley.She is the Only bilegual hispanic female and she worked on 1st shift in the intake area.i worked on 2nt shift and would come to intake and put my lunch in the break room. we talked some but nothing important.we talked about a watch that i got while in Iraq other than that she was a nice lady.she then seemed to make funny faces at me and so i would return the jester in day i saw her in the fingerprint room and i was going to as her a question and she said that i was follong her around.she said that i asked her if he left my hug at home.she herd me say that to another employee whom i was great friends with.there is a sexual joke book
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry this happened to you. You should try to move on though, unless you want to pay lawyers a lot of money to bring a suit against the county (that has the money to fight you in court). You may have been wrongfully terminated, however it sounds like they have witnesses which will be a large hurdle to overcome. You can always bring suit, but it doesn't sound like it would be the best move financially. Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so do you think that i have a law suit? there are companys here that will be probono
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
You definitely can bring a suit, however it is a steep hill to climb and would be very hard to actually win. I definitely would talk to an attorney and see if they would take your case. Even if you don't win, maybe you could settle for some amount which is more than they gave you as of right now.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what kind of attorney should i seek?
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 8 years ago.
Some well versed in employment law. You need an employment lawyer.
BizAttorney and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you