How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens when the child just is not adjusting to the visitation

Resolved Question:

What happens when the child just is not adjusting to the visitation with the father, that has not had anything to do with him, and is having nightmares. She cowares when the doorbell rings, begs and screams not to go. The child is only 3 yrs old, I just can NOT imagine this being a judgement??
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

You can file a motion to modify or suspend the visitation order by showing the effect it has on the child. IT will have to be shown that it is in the child's best interest not to visit the parent.


Until/unless the court order is changed, you have to honor the court's order.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just how do you PROVE this is going on?? Wouldn't it be our word against his??
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

You have have eyewitnesses, or even record the events. You'll need some sort of proof besides your word to prevent a swearing match.



Roger and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you