How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask skelly151 Your Own Question
skelly151, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2368
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
skelly151 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am currently in the process of purchasing a new vehicle.

Customer Question

Hi, I am currently in the process of purchasing a new vehicle. I've found one that I really like, but upon doing a CarFax report I have seen that's it's been in two accidents. The report lists that they were both in Somerset County, New Jersey and references a case number XXXXX each accident: Case#CC#1136105-7097 and Case#07-1980CC-307. I've found the NJ statute that makes all accident reports within the state public record. So, my question is how can I, short of calling every police agency in Somerset Count, obtain a copy of these accident reports? Thanks a bunch!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.

This is not the vehicle for you. If it has been in two accidents you really dont know the repairs or residual damage it has suffered. My suggestion is that the carfax gives you the ammunition to pass on the car and you should.

Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.
Oh and short of searching each jurisdiction within the county there is no telling who may have done the accident report since there is no centralized system.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.
Have I answered your question?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.