How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a former patient male whom I only saw once, after hours,

This answer was rated:

I had a former patient<male> whom I only saw once, after hours, as a dental favor, make an allusion to me on line, that he thought I had fondled him, when I did dental work on him. I did not use Nitrous Oxide, nor was he sedated. He is basically lying about the alleged accusation, and I belive wants to shake me down for maybe money. What can I do if he threatens to go with this public?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

There are two things to keep in mind: extortion is a crime and if he communicates that his silence must be bought, you can go to the police department. It has to be a clear deal though: money for silence.

Second, accusing someone of a crime is per se libel or slander and you can sue for civil damages.

Best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you