How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned a friend 3 thousand dollars to buy a car in August

Customer Question

I loaned a friend 3 thousand dollars to buy a car in August 08 and she hasn't paid a dime. I have tired everything to get her pay and nothing. Do I have a case?? I put this on a credit card and now I am paying the whole thing off myself. Can I take her to court and repossess her vehicle??
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
Yes you can take her to small claims court to get a judgment for the $3000 and then if she does not pay you can place a lien on the car. But you can not just repo the car unless she signed something with you that gave you the right to repo if she missed a car payment.