How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father owned a resort. He sold off the cottages and formed

Resolved Question:

My father owned a resort. He sold off the cottages and formed a condo assn. including his house as well. Is there any way his house can now be removed from the condo assn?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

If your father's home was included in the condo association, there is no way to break that piece of property out without essentially dissolving the association itself. There may be local laws prohibiting that as well based on zoning ordinances.

The reality is, that there is virtually no chance to separate just his parcel from the association.

I wish you the best.

I’ll put forth my best effort in assisting you. When you are able to respond to

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you