How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADYLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LADYLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is an Amended complaint. Its a civil case.

This answer was rated:

What is an Amended complaint. It's a civil case.



An "amended complaint" is what results when the party suing (plaintiff or petitioner) changes the complaint he/she has filed. It must be in writing, and can be done before the complaint is served on any defendant, by agreement between the parties (usually their lawyers), or upon order of the court. Complaints are amended to correct facts, add new causes of action (bases for the lawsuit), substitute discovered names for persons sued as "Does," or to properly plead a cause of action (the legal basis for suing) after the court has found the complaint inadequate. Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!

LADYLAWYER and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you



We don't offer those services here. But you can either Google paralegals in your area or find a local law office here:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What Cali form's do i use?
Are you in small claims or a higher court?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In Cali we can download legal form's online. I need to know what form's to use to amend my complaint.
I know that, thanks. What I need to know is if you are in small claims court or superior court. There are different forms for different courts. I also need to know if the defendant has already answered the original complaint or if he filed a motion to dismiss.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Im in superior court and yes he intend's to file for a dismissal.