How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GWarren Customer Advocate Your Own Qu...
GWarren Customer Advocate
GWarren Customer Advocate, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 355
Experience:  30 yrs Counsel, claims, corp governance Fortune 100 financial insurance co., law firm. OH NJ license
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GWarren Customer Advocate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get transcripts for a closed college, Phillips Jr.

Resolved Question:

How do I get transcripts for a closed college, Phillips Jr. College, in Riverside CA
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  GWarren Customer Advocate replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting justasnwer.

It appears that Phillips College, Inc. acquired many small colleges and than also closed several of its campuses. It appears many former students are also seeking their transcripts.

At one time transcripts could still be obtained by contacting:

Phillips College, Inc. Suite 1408, 1 Hancock Plaza, Gulfport, MS 39501   There may, however, be other later successors to the records of the small business colleges.

Since it appears that the Phillips College group may have acquired successor rights to Phillips Junior College, Texas WorkForce provides the following contact for Phillips Business college transcripts.

"Phillips School of Business & Technology
c/o Corinthian Colleges
1045 E. Frontage Dr.
Wiggins, MS 39577 (NNN) NNN-NNNNext. 701 or ext. 389
Send $7.50 money order payable to CCI - include student's name, SSN, City & State of Phillips College student attended and an authorized signature."   You may, however, want to confirm by telephone prior to sending a money order.

A California contact has been listed as:

Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE)
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
Sacramento, CA 95834

The Department of Consumer Affairs BPPVE has authority to approve private postsecondary and vocational schools and colleges to operate in California.

BPPVE also investigates whether closed schools may have violated state or federal law. California law also appears to require the institution to arrange for the proper and safe storage in California of all transcripts. However the length of retention and location varies by type of institution.

Hopefully these are good leads. If accredited, the college may also have filed records with the state education department.

If you have not already read the blogs, let me know after reading them your success contacting the possible transcript providers.
GWarren Customer Advocate and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you