alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
14461494

What does a case closed mean

What does a case closed mean?
Expert:  alex reese replied 8 years ago.

It typically means that a final disposition has been entered, your probation would not necessarily be listed depending on what you are looking at. But either way "case closed" just means that the judge has made his final determination and the matter is now closed/finished.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is for an offense that occured over 20 years ago, I am adopting a baby and the immigration office wants to see that the case is closed and I completed necessary steps--it was for misdemeanor possession of a forged document--I changed the expiration date on my registration. Since the case is closed how can I prove I did community servive or is having the document that says case closed enough proof that the case is finished--over
Yes, the document is enough to show that the case is finished, but if you need proof that you did community service (which I don't think you need) then you would need to contact the agency for which you did the work and see if they still have the records, OR even better if you can contact the court to see if they still have the records of your community service. But you dont need to show that you did community service to prove that the case is closed, that is clear from the case file/docket.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did contact the court and they do not have the file-That is what started me from worrying..but they are sending me something that states the case is closed. Thank you for your help