How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the proper actions to take when an employer fails

Resolved Question:

What are the proper actions to take when an employer fails to provide your W-2, and how take action to a business that uses minors and illegal immigrants?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 8 years ago.



When an employer fails to provide a W-2, a person can contact the IRS to report the employer and to help them file their tax returns here.


If minors or illegal immigrants are used illegally or treated illegally, a person can file a report with their state's labor department and also the federal Department of Labor here and the U.S. Immigrations and Customs Inforcement here for employers who hire illegal immigrants. Normally, these are criminal actions, not civil actions (except for the case where a minor or employee may file a civil complaint for any personal harm suffered due to an illegal action) so they are matters that need to be reported to legal authorities, such as the ones indicated.




Jane T (LLC) and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you