How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legallysound Your Own Question
legallysound, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1333
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Corporate, Business, Contracts, Real Estate, Pre-nuptial agreements, Landlord-tenant
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legallysound is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and his wife cant make their mortgage payments

This answer was rated:

My brother and his wife can't make their mortgage payments any longer; foreclosure is being considered. However, my brothers wife is solely on the loan, but he is on the deed. My question to you is should he try to remove his name from the deed, so that this won't impact his credit? Also, since the loan is in her name he wouldn't be responsible for making amends with the bank, correct?

Thank you for using JustAnswer.


Right on all counts. He could quit claim his interest in the home to his wife. Then everything, including the loan would only be in her name; and he would have no dealings with the bank nor could the lender pursue him. Thanks!


Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. No attorney-client relationship exists or was contemplated by this communication. All parties acknowledge that all communications here are available to the public, not privileged attorney-client communications, and are for educational purposes only.

legallysound and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it expensive to Quit Claim him off the deed and what are the procedures?