How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Civil Law Answers Your Own Question
Civil Law Answers
Civil Law Answers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current active litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Civil Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because I have been ordered by the judge to do alternative

Resolved Question:

Because I have been ordered by the judge to do alternative service through publication of my divorce, there are certain papers I must file as a result, with the court before the final hearing date. Which papers do I file with the court?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Civil Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.


The courts typically have a form of an affidavit of publication for the newspaper representative to complete and sign under oath, attesting to the fact that the publication per the court order has been made. The court should provide you with this form.


I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you well.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I need to know what other papers aside from the affadavit I should file, such as proof of service, etc.
Expert:  Civil Law Answers replied 8 years ago.
The affidavit of publication should be all you need to file with the court, as this is proof that the service has been made.
Civil Law Answers and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you