How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im in the army and i want to reenlist to move to another base

Resolved Question:

i'm in the army and i want to reenlist to move to another base out of state but my fiance has a son who's father is in the navy and may say no to the fiance and i plan on getting married very there anything that we can do once we're married.the child's biological father rarely visits even when he is home and has the perfect oppourtunity.he does give her 300 dollars a month for child support.if i could i would love to adopt him as my own son but i know his real father would never go for that,he is unmarried and lies to my fiance as to his where abouts.also on many occasions has told her he was coming to see his son and never showed up nor called to notify her of any cancellation.the child is 1 year old.this is becoming a very stressful situation for my fiance and i,any help would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Yes, once married the mother can file for relocation authorization with the court. Generally relocation is permitted if the new state will provide greater opportunities for the child and most importantly it will not affect the child's contact or relationship with the father. Given that the father rarely visits, there is really no issue of visitation being disrupted. An order can be established to correspond with the period of time he sees his child at the present time. So if his pattern of visitation is one or two time a month as an example, that can be established as the visitation order to accomodate him.

So this is what mom must do to get relocation approved.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you