How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56535
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I manufacturer childrens clothing in California. My contractor

Customer Question

I manufacturer children's clothing in California. My contractor agreed to a specific price based on the production of 200 or more pieces. They began production and then for personal reasons decided to stop production. They want to charge me double the price I agreed on because they did not finish production of 200 pieces. They are threatening to not release my raw goods in excess of $50K from their warehouse if I do not pay double the agreed to price for the cutting they have done. Can they hold my goods and delay my production when they broke the initial contract without cause?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
They are in breach. You should demand compliance with the terms agreed to in writing. If not done, consider having a lawyer send a letter before suing for performance.
INFOLAWYER and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The scheduled pickup time is on Monday. We are planning to go pick up the goods. If they hold them for more money do we need to file a police report? Should I bring a letter with me?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You could file apolice report but as this is a breach of contract claim, the police likely would direct you to sue.