How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to file a notice of tort claim to Oregon Risk Management

Customer Question

i need to file a notice of tort claim to "Oregon Risk Management" within 180 days.I am Sueing state and county agencies for abuse of discrection ,Violating due process and constitutional rights.Pro se But i dont' know what the form looks like .Do i include all details.How do i determine a $ number.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I am sorry for what has happened to you, and I hope that things gets resolved appropriately.
  2. Unfortunately, there is no standardized form available for this purpose. The good news, however, is that your letter need not be overly formal or adhere to any set format to still fulfill the legal requirements of timely submission of a claim. The statutory provisions governing this matter are codified at Oregon Revised Statutes §§ 30.260 to 30.300.
  3. If you have not already done so, you can also contact Oregon Risk Management for instructions in reporting your loss. Department of Administrative Services, State Services Division, Risk Management,XXXXXSE, U150, Salem, OR NNN-NN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN(phone),(NNN) NNN-NNNN(fax). All that is required to set forth your claim is to provide, in a written and signed statement, the date, time, place, circumstances, and your estimate of damages.
  4. In cases of civil rights violations -- which would seem to be applicable based on what you have related here -- it is often very difficult to come up with a dollar amount figure to claim for damages. Certainly you would want to include any losses for which you can provide documentation (i.e. loss of wages, medical bills, property damages, etc.). To that number, you will need to add a figure that you feel would compensate you for the more difficult to define damages (i.e. violation of your civil rights, Constitutional violations, etc.). This is very difficult to do, and truthfully there is no way to give you a reliable figure in a forum like this.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.
Hello again and thanks for writing back. What additional help would you like?