How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56852
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used car yesterday and traded in my paid off car,

Resolved Question:

I bought a used car yesterday and traded in my paid off car, now my husband who is the co-signer wont sign the papers, only I did? what do I do? CanI take the car back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You can only return it if the contract permits or the seller consents. The seller may consent on learning that there is no co signor. Review the contract and seek to negotiate respectively.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well, they never gave me the contract because they were waiting for my husband to come in and sign. I only signed, so it is a partial contract. I just don't know if I can re-negotiate to get a lower payment or will they give me my van back?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You need to ask to see the contract to see if you can cancel at this point. You cant demand new terms but can seek to negotiate though.
INFOLAWYER and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you