How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57733
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help collecting $16k in back child support. I have

Resolved Question:

I need help collecting $16k in back child support. I have a valid order & have judgments and a contempt charge against my ex, but the judge refuses to enforce it. My ex receives $2,800 a month in veterans benifits which seem untouchable. My daughter is 13 & I'm currently unemployed. Please advise
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.

Consider giving the judgment to a collection law firm on contingency fee basis to

1. subpoena him for asset information

2. restrain bank accounts

3. restrain income

4. lien on real estate.

INFOLAWYER and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you