INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I want to get a judgment removed from my records How can

I want to get a judgment removed from my records? How can I do that?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
Is the judgment entered in error?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, after further research I found that I really did owe the amount in question. I missed the court date because of work. I filed a motion to set it aside but have not heard from the court and it has been almost a year. It is affecting my credit record. I am willing to pay but it doesn't seem that it will make any difference.
If you pay off the judgment, the creditor will file a satisfaction of judgment with the court and the credit reports will indicate it as satisfied.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
But it will still remain in the records. Correct? Is there a way to have it removed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I know that but I want to know if I can have it removed not just satisfied since that will do nothing for my credit record
It will be marked as satisfied but wont disappear.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I guess I am still not being clear on what I am asking. Are you saying there is no legal way to have this negative information set aside or removed? This is my question -- I already know what you have told me so far.
If it was placed falsely you could but as it remain in the court file and has not been vacated you cannot.