RBinJax
RBinJax, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
14308646

I found out on February 25, 2009 that my health insurance was

I found out on February 25, 2009 that my health insurance was canceled on December 31, 2008.   As of my february 27, 2009 pay check my employer in still deducting health premium from my check. Is that legal in Michigan? They did the samething from April to June 2008.
Expert:  RBinJax replied 8 years ago.
No, if the employer is not providing health insurance, then it cannot deduct for it from your paycheck. The deductions are supposed to take place contemporanously with the payments to the insurer. It is possible that there could be a one payment delay in closing off the deduction, but it should not be longer than that. I suggest that you contact an employment law attorney and consider contacting the federal wage and hour board branch in your area.
I hope that this answers your questions. If so, please click the Accept button so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.