How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found out on February 25, 2009 that my health insurance was

Resolved Question:

I found out on February 25, 2009 that my health insurance was canceled on December 31, 2008.   As of my february 27, 2009 pay check my employer in still deducting health premium from my check. Is that legal in Michigan? They did the samething from April to June 2008.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RBinJax replied 8 years ago.
No, if the employer is not providing health insurance, then it cannot deduct for it from your paycheck. The deductions are supposed to take place contemporanously with the payments to the insurer. It is possible that there could be a one payment delay in closing off the deduction, but it should not be longer than that. I suggest that you contact an employment law attorney and consider contacting the federal wage and hour board branch in your area.
I hope that this answers your questions. If so, please click the Accept button so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.
RBinJax and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you