How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a licensed veterinarian in the state of Kansas, I work

Resolved Question:

I am a licensed veterinarian in the state of Kansas, I work as a paid employee of an animal hospital(a P.A. business). Can a client sue me personally for mal-practice, or would the animal hospital be the defendant?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 8 years ago.



How is your malpractice insurance paid (by the employer or by you independently)?



Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Dear Sir;


I currently do not have any professional liability insurance.

Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 8 years ago.



Normally when a malpractice suit is filed the claim can be filed against both an employer and an employee together or only one of them independently. The decision on which to file against, or whether to include all, is sometimes made on the basis of which party the person who files suit believes they will be most likely to obtain compensation from. Although professionals are liable for their own conduct and knowledge, employers are traditionally liable for actions committed by their employees under their scope of employment (meaning the job they were hired to do).





Jane T (LLC) and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you