How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI- my dad just pasted away December 26th 2008 in MI. How

This answer was rated:

HI- my dad just pasted away December 26th 2008 in MI. How do I obtain a copy of his death certificate? I'm not on good terms with my stepmom. I tried some website online, but no record is found. Does it take a certain amount of time before it is filed?

DearCustomer- The death certificate should be on file in the vital statistics office in the county where your father resided prior to death. It usually only takes a few days for these to be filed.


David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you