How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Counselor at Law Your ...
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 868
Experience:  Corporate, Entertainment & Trial attorney with large law firm & Fortune 500 client experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Counselor at Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 19 yr old son was arrested for VC 2800.2a. We are wondeering

This answer was rated:

Our 19 yr old son was arrested for VC 2800.2a. We are wondeering if there is any way to get this reduced from a felony and if he may be elligable somehow for a diversion program. This happened in California
Hi - Yes, it is possible to get this reduced from a felony and perhaps a diversion program.
<br />
<br />It would depend mostly on the lenency of the prosecutor and your son's history. You should know that this is a serious crime that prosecutors are sometime unwilling to lower the charges.
<br />
<br />Your best bet is to contact the prosecutor's office directly, on behalf of your son. I assume this is the Alameda County District Attorney. You must be persistent and get in touch with the assistant district attorney prosecuting the case. If your son is guilty, ask for forgiveness and request in writing that the charges be reduced or dropped. You may want to submit testimonials from member of the community.
<br />
<br />Alameda DA
<br />1225 Fallon Street, Room 900
<br />Oakland, CA 94612
<br />Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
<br />
<br />
<br />Also, try the Alameda County Legal Assistance Line:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
<br />
<br />Please also be persistent with the public defender. Get to know them personally and they will be a help to your son.
<br />
<br />Good luck
Attorney & Counselor at Law and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you