Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can you please tell me which U.S. states/cities/districts prohibit

Can you please tell me which U.S. states/cities/districts prohibit the purchase of expandable batons? Thank you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Currently, they are illegal specifically in California, Massachusetts, New York State and

Washington DC. However, other states can arrest you for possession of a dangerous weapon for having one, even if it is not specifically mentioned in the laws.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Since this is a new product for us being marketed online, is it illegal to sell and ship into those (or any other) states? Thanks in advance for your help.
The only states it is illegal in for now, as of 2008, were the states that I mentioned. Do not ship to those states and you should be fine, but to be 100% positive, you need to contact each state's attorney general and seek their opinion.