Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I got married last year and my 14yr old daughter wants her

I got married last year and my 14yr old daughter wants her last name changed to match mine. What do I got to do to get her name changed

hi

you need to file a Petition for Name Change. once the Petition is filed, then you need to publish the notice in local papers, once a week for 6 weeks so that if anyone has reason why the name should not be changed they can come to a hearing and make the reasons known. you also will need to notify her bio father, if you know where he is - if not, then the newspaper notices will be sufficient. the clerk of the court can give you the petition form and the instructions for filing, etc.

good luck