Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

HEllo, my stepson (in Florida) and gf recently broke up. While

Customer Question
HEllo, my stepson (in Florida)...
HEllo, my stepson (in Florida) and gf recently broke up. While together he bought a truck, but because of a past DUI he could not register it in his name, so he titled it and registered it in her name. He can prove that he paid for it. However, she is trying to keep the truck saying that because it's in her name, it's hers. Can he go and pick the truck up or is that against the law? If not, what kind of recourse does he have? Thank you, Scott
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2009
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
He cannot go an pick up the truck because it is titled in her name. Your son will need to go to court to sue her for reimbursement for the money he paid or for possession of the truck and he would have to file in the superior court and should have an attorney representing him because the FL courts are not very friendly to plaintiffs who represent themselves.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney