How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty You...
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1033
Experience:  26 years litigating important insurance and injury cases; well-known legal author
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2007 the city erected a traffic calming device alongside

This answer was rated:

In 2007 the city erected a "traffic calming device" alongside the entire side of my house. The procedure to install it was flawed and so is the design. There have been well over a 100 minor traffic accidents since its installation and two major accidents (that I know of) have resulted in personal injury and/or property damage. The most serious accident happened almost a year ago and has produced a lawsuit against the city. The person who was hit is a neighbor who doesn't want to get involved.

I am assuming that this device is on city property and not on your private property. If this device was defectively designed and/or installed, that will create liability for the city. If the city loses a couple of lawsuits, they will make changes or remove the device. As a private citizen there is nothing you can do, legally. I have been a City Attorney and risk manager and I am familiar with issues like this.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so are you saying there is no way i can find out who has filed a lawsuit? If I get their name could I find out?
If your question is how to get details on the lawsuit, that's different. I didn't realize that was what you were asking. What City, State and County are you located in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Baltimore City (no county), Maryland

Civil suits against the City of Baltimore are heard in the Circuit Court. Below is a link where you can search for lawsuit records by name of the parties. This should enable you find the details on the suit you are looking for.

Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you
No problem. If I've been of help, please click "accept." Thank you!