Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In 2007 the city erected a traffic calming device alongside

In 2007 the city erected...
In 2007 the city erected a "traffic calming device" alongside the entire side of my house. The procedure to install it was flawed and so is the design. There have been well over a 100 minor traffic accidents since its installation and two major accidents (that I know of) have resulted in personal injury and/or property damage. The most serious accident happened almost a year ago and has produced a lawsuit against the city. The person who was hit is a neighbor who doesn't want to get involved.
2/1/2009
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty

I am assuming that this device is on city property and not on your private property. If this device was defectively designed and/or installed, that will create liability for the city. If the city loses a couple of lawsuits, they will make changes or remove the device. As a private citizen there is nothing you can do, legally. I have been a City Attorney and risk manager and I am familiar with issues like this.

so are you saying there is no way i can find out who has filed a lawsuit? If I get their name could I find out?
If your question is how to get details on the lawsuit, that's different. I didn't realize that was what you were asking. What City, State and County are you located in?
Baltimore City (no county), Maryland

Civil suits against the City of Baltimore are heard in the Circuit Court. Below is a link where you can search for lawsuit records by name of the parties. This should enable you find the details on the suit you are looking for.

http://www.courtreference.com/Baltimore-County-Maryland-Courts.htm

Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
thank you
No problem. If I've been of help, please click "accept." Thank you!
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty
Lawrence N. Rogak, Insurance Atty, Lawyer