How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son married a girl from Asia. Met her on line, got fiancee

This answer was rated:

My son married a girl from Asia. Met her on line, got fiancee visa, she insisted on marriage 2 days after she got here. We had a wedding for her & welcomed her. His first, her 2nd . He send her to private school, she got drivers lic. He works 2 jobs & now she wants a new car & cash. They fight all the time& she threathens to injure herself., refuses to go back. She said "go live with your Mom& she would live in the house" (his). He is terrified she will hurt herself as threatened. He want s a divorce but she won't leave. I say get an atty & divorce give her money for a place to live or car. We don't want her to get hurt but want to break all ties. Help???
You should simply file for divorce. You might be able to uise as grounds that the marriage was entered into fraudulently e.g. for a US visa. Otherwise your son will need to separate from his spouse for a period of time to fulfill NY grounds for divorce. If they have been married less than 2 years after the divorce INS could send her back to Asia. Tis is especially true if they feel the marriage was siomple a trick to get into the US.

As part of the divorce proceeding a court can award spousal support. This is to ensure the spouse can continue to live and have shelter food etc. Your son should offer nothing, he can agree to a reasonable accomodation.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Jack R. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

can I send this story back & add anothe ques.? or do I have to write the whole thing over again. I realize it will be a seperate legal ques?? 2/15/09CustomerPlainview NY