Experienced Attorney
Experienced Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  more than 20 years of successful representation of clients across the United States
14850002

I am 44 and in May 2008, I was diagnosed with GBM Stage IV

I am 44 and in May 2008, I was diagnosed with GBM Stage IV terminal brain cancer. At that time, my father who had never been a part of my life came forth wanting to take care of me and assist me in getting monies due to me from life insurance, etc. After all was said and none, he used my illness as a way to come back into my life and has stolen $18,000 from me which he was to invest on my behalf so I would have supplemental income for medical and medcinie. Once I began coming back to my normal senses and began questioning where my money, receipts, etc were we began having problems and since November 2008, he has advised me he is not giving my money back to me and has informed my family and friends as well. Recently while out of town, he gave one of my receipts to a cousin and they came in my home while I was away and took a futon, air mattress, and bed linens from my home stating my father gave him permission. I am being taken advantage of & desperately need HELP!
Expert:  Experienced Attorney replied 8 years ago.

As soon as possible you need to call this number: 1-800-238-1443

Legal Aid has 8 offices near you in Tenn and Kentucky. I'm not sure which one is the closest. However, they are a fantastic place to see no cost legal help when you have no money and someone is taking advantage of you.

Please let me know if you need clarification and please call that number.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

First, thank you for your prompt response. Are they open on weekends or do you know the business time during the week for me to call?

I would assume that they are not open. Some Legal Aid offices have special days for in take. You have a couple of choices. One is to call the number. They probably have a recording to tell you what to do. They other way is to google legal aid and look for the office closest to you and see what they have on their website, if anything about the best days.

Good luck!