My daughter works at Mcdonald and she asked her immediate supervisor…

Customer Question
My daughter works at Mcdonald...
My daughter works at Mcdonald and she asked her immediate supervisor if she can use the bathroom (She hass had a number of complaints about this assistant manager) , The manager told her no that she could not due to the fact theat there was a mystery shopper expected. My daught waited an hour and asked again the same assistant manager told her... Read full answer
My daughter works at Mcdonald and she asked her immediate supervisor if she can use the bathroom (She hass had a number of complaints about this assistant manager) , The manager told her no that she could not due to the fact theat there was a mystery shopper expected. My daught waited an hour and asked again the same assistant manager told her she should have gone before. Is this right ? My daughter happens to be disabled , and I want to know what can be done about the way she is being treated at her job .
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2009
Lawyer: disabilityatty, attorney replied 10 years ago
disabilityatty
disabilityatty, attorney

Hello:

I will try to assist you.

How old is your daughter? Does Mc Donalds know she has a disability? What is her disability?

jogoesq

disabilityatty
disabilityatty, attorney
SHe is 15 and has Fragile X Syndrome

Hello:

The first thing you have to know is that since she is a minor, any legal action to be taken would have to be taken in your name.

Secondly, unless McDonald's knows that she is disabled, or believes that she is disabled, they do not have to accord her any special treatment under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

In any case, the first thing that must be done is to file a complaint with the EEOC against MsDonald's alleging disability discrimination and hostile work environment. You can contact your local EEOC and they will discuss this case with you and advise you as to whether you do have a complaint, how to put the complaint into words, and what their process will be. There is no cost to do this.

You cannot take legal action against them until you file a complaint with the EEOC and let them go through their adminsitrative procedures.

Hope this answers your question.

jogoesq

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We think my daughter is a victim of harassment by her
We think my daughter is a victim of harassment by her supervisor at work. … read more
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
law
I recently went to Hawaii via American Airlines. I reserved
I recently went to Hawaii via American Airlines. I reserved a wheelchair in advance. Each time I arrived @ a terminal, I had to request a wheelchair & wait until one was available. There was usually o… read more
Maverick
Maverick
Our 30 year old daughter with Down Syndrome works at a Fry's
Our 30 year old daughter with Down Syndrome works at a Fry's grocery store and is being treated poorly at work, managers and clerks making her feel stupid in the way the speak down to her, not giving … read more
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
Is Dennis Childers involved in a scam? A poor sucker (me)
Is Dennis Childers involved in a scam? A poor sucker (me) accepts a check, cashes it, and is sent off to be a mystery shopper. Sent money through Money Gram and "earned" $200 for making the transactio… read more
Counselor at Law,
I want to sue my recent employer McDonalds. Im currently approx.
I want to sue my recent employer McDonalds. I'm currently approx. 3 weeks from becoming a shift manager and I love working for McDonalds but I'm afraid they've been mistreating me. In training as a ma… read more
Attorney,
I received (2) two POSTAL MONEY ORDERS in the mail to pay a
I received (2) two POSTAL MONEY ORDERS in the mail to pay a debt. I am unsure if they are legitimate. Is there a contact to ensure they are legitimate, and if they are legitimate, wher how would they … read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
We were recently burned by a mystery shopper scheme. My wife
We were recently burned by a mystery shopper scheme. My wife was sent U. S. Postal money orders that she was supposed to cash and wire to different locations. She went to the bank of America where the… read more
What can we do to stop harassment at work. My step-daughter was place at this nursing hom
What can we do to stop harassment at work. My step-daughter was place at this nursing home to work since 2007, she was doing well till this year. A new manager came in, he has harass her with her weig… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
I was shopping atwalmart and noticed a middle aged man following
I was shopping atwalmart and noticed a middle aged man following me and peeking around corners. He looked grungy and quite frankly creepy, so when I left I called the manager concerned to notify them … read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
I feel harassed I have a supervisor who treats me differently
I feel harassed: I have a supervisor who treats me differently than she treats my coworkers. I am required a three week advanced notice for an upcoming event while 2/3 days is fine for coworkers consi… read more
Attorney,
I was scammed by a mystery shopper in the amount of $3500.
I was scammed by a mystery shopper in the amount of $3500. My bank cleared the check and told me I am responsible for the full amount. What can I do?… read more
The acting manager discussed termination with a customer.
The acting manager discussed termination with a customer. He also discussed it with co-workers. This can't be legal. who do I file a complaint with?… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
Stop searching for answers—
I have been harassed by a co worker for 2 years. She interferes
I have been harassed by a co worker for 2 years. She interferes with my ability to provide care to my patients by doing such things as taking a set of medication room keys away from me and refusing to… read more
Attorney,
My sister Morgan Cadwallader, is mentally and physically disabled
My sister Morgan Cadwallader, is mentally and physically disabled as a direct result of being a victim of multiple gunshot wounds over 28 years ago. (one of which was to the head) Up until 8 years ago… read more
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
My daughters employer (immediate supervisor) in a meeting
My daughter's employer (immediate supervisor) in a meeting at her workplace without my daughter present told the team members that work with my daughter about a medical condition that she has. This me… read more
Attorney,
Im a victim of fraud bye ck;I recved a lagement looking ck
I'm a victim of fraud bye ck;I recved a lagement looking ck from mystery shoppers;I put it in a joint acct with my girlfriend the bank gave me a letter stateing the date they would release funds so I … read more
xavierjd
xavierjd
My spouse is a retail manager. One of her employees has been
My spouse is a retail manager. One of her employees has been written up for insubordination, chronic tardiness, being excessively argumentative, and for workplace hostility and for physical altercatio… read more
Christy
Christy
Attorney,
I received a trespassing Ticket ,I was never told that I ...
I received a trespassing Ticket ,I was never told that I could not come To McDonalds Restaurant or be in the parking lot. My Daughter is employed there she don't drive therefore i have to drop her of … read more
4ren6
4ren6
Retired,