How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADYLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LADYLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i get rid of my felony record

Customer Question

How do i get rid of my felony record?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 8 years ago.

Hi Jake,


I would like to help you. Would you agree to accept my answer by making the $15.00 deposit after we are through? If so, I need to know what state you are in and exactly what you were charged with.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Fourgey thats it and i am in ILLINOIS
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 8 years ago.

Under IL law, the vast majority of felonies cannot be expunged or sealed. The only exceptions are simple drug possession and prostitution. For all other felonies, you will need to get a pardon and an expungement from the governor. That information is available from the Prisoner Review Board at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor at If you would like to apply, I would be happy to walk you through it. Please click ACCEPT so I know you got my answer and so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!


Related Legal Questions