How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Fortunato Your Own Question
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Type Your Legal Question Here...
C.Fortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a doctor be sued by a patient if that patient got an addition

Resolved Question:

can a doctor be sued by a patient if that patient got an addition to pain meds. With the help of the doctor. Meaning no matter how many times I asked for I would recieve any amount I requested. This addition was not intentoual, on either partys involved. But it did, and I suffered great pain. Ending up in the hospital and creationing lots of medical bills. Which has now force me to file bankruptcy among other things.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  C.Fortunato replied 8 years ago.
Basically, you can sue just about anyone for just about anything. Whether or not you would be likely to prevail is the better question. The only way to hold a doctor liable for something like this is to prove malpractice on the part of the doctor. This is not easy to do.
If you think the doctor committed malpractice, then you should be able to get a free consultation with a litigation attorney to discuss your case. Most will not charge you anything if they think your case has merit, unless you win the case. At that time, they will take a contingency fee (a percentage of your award).

If I have fully answered your question, please click on the "ACCEPT" button, as per your agreement with "JUST ANSWER." If you need further information, please let me know.
Thank you!
C.Fortunato and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you