How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 17 year old son with autism. As he will be turning

Resolved Question:

I have a 17 year old son with autism. As he will be turning 18 soon would it be in his best interest to be appointed his conservator in order to make medical decisions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
Yes, you or his father should seek to be appointed his guardian/conservator so that he can continue to receive the protection and advise Im sure you have been giving him all these years. You can go to court and file the petition yourself or retain an attorney to do it for you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your assistance. If I choose to file the petition myself where do I start? What is the first step?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You should go to the court and seek a petition. They generally provide the petition along with general instructions. They will not give legal advises so if you have specific questions after submitting the petition you would need to speak with a local attorney or consult an expert someplace such as here on Just Answer.
Daniel Solutions and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you