Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My wife bother me to the point that i went to talk to her .

Customer Question

My wife bother me to the point that i went to talk to her . I pushed out the way because her boyfriend and friend were making fun of me her boyfriend grab me by the neck and then let go. She call the cops later I got a DV ticket what should i do i dont wont to loose my custody rights help
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You would need to present evidence that they assaulted you and that you did not commit any violations of the law. Unfortunately for you, going to her house will work against you in this case and you will have to come up with a good reason as to why you went ther and "bother you" will not suffice. You would need a legitimate reason for the visit and you will also need to prove you took no action to warrant the assault by the friend and boyfriend (and making fun of you would not be good to say either). At this point, I strongly urge you to hire an attorney to represent you in this matter.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.