How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you get your felony record expunged in the state of Ar

Resolved Question:

Can you get your felony record expunged in the state of Arizonia?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

Yes. In Arizona, it is called "setting aside judgment". Arizona law (ARS 13-907) offers setting aside judgment designed to help deserving people be get a felony or misdemeanor conviction off of their record. Once your judgment is set aside, you can answer with confidence to any inquiry, including, without limitation, an inquiry relating to an application for employment, that you have not been convicted of a crime (though, in instances of a felony, you must also call attention to your setting aside order). You can also apply to have your civil rights restored.


Eligibility for setting aside judgment in Arizona requires that you have fulfilled the conditions of your probation or sentence and been discharged by the court. Additionally, if you have been convicted of two or more felonies and sentenced to prison, you must wait two full years before applying for the judgment to be set aside, to restore your civil rights, and restore you gun rights.


Additionally, you may not set aside your judgment if you were convicted of any of the following offenses:

  • A crime involving the infliction of serious physical injury.
  • A crime involving the use of exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
  • A crime where you are required to register as a sex offender.
  • A crime where there was a finding of sexual motivation.
  • A crime where the victim was a minor under fifteen years of age.
  • A violation pursuant to 28-3473, which is driving on a suspended or canceled license
  • A violation of any local ordinance relating to stopping, standing, or operation of a vehicle

Most violations of Arizona's traffic and vehicle regulations (DUIs and reckless driving, however, CAN be set aside)

Roger and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you