How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle Your Own Question
LegalEagle, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 269
Experience:  Over 10 years of Real Estate, Corporate and Estate Planning Experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the requirements to put a lean on someones property

Resolved Question:

What are the requirements to put a lean on someone's property in California?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalEagle replied 8 years ago.
Based upon what you have stated in your question there is no route you can take that would allow you to lien the house that would prevent your sister from selling it. However, your mother can petition the San Bernadino County Superior Court for assistance to invalidate the deed that she signed over to Charlene. In the petition your mother must allege that Charlene coerced your mother into signing the deed, and that she signed it under duress. Contracts and Deeds signed under coercion and duress are invalid, but you will need to petition the court in order to invalidate them.

I hope this answer helps your mother's situation, and please feel free to respond if you have any further questions.
LegalEagle and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions