Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been indited on a conspiracy charge. I did not waive

Customer Question
my rights in order for...
I have been indited on a conspiracy charge. I did not waive my rights in order for the charge to go directly to circuit court, however the individual that is charged with me did waive his rights. I was scheduled for a preliminary hearing in district court however before that date I was indited by the grand jury. Were my rights violated by the court for not allowing me to have a preliminary hearing in district court. All help will be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
12/1/2008
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

sorry - your rights were not violated - the state has the option of going to the grand jury thereby foregoing the district court charges altogether -

Sam, Attorney at Law