How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christy Your Own Question
Christy, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 462
Experience:  Former General Counsel for nationwide corporation. Contracts, rental properties, business law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Christy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a criminal record erased Possesion of stolen

Resolved Question:

How can I get a criminal record erased? Possesion of stolen property was the conviction for which I served 18 months in prision May 1999 to Oct 2000. Followed by three years probation. When I apply for work this comes up on my background check and I don't get hired.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.

What state was the criminal record in?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.
I will research the laws and get back with you in just a few minutes.

Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.

I will provide you with a link to the procedure. Each step must be followed exactly, or your request will definitely be denied. Note that there are two parts to the process...first you must file for a Certificate of Eligibility. If that is granted, you can file to have your records expunged.

If I have answered your question, please click Accept. I am happy to answer follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX luck!
Christy and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you