How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had aggravated harassment charges pressed against my ex-boyfriend

Resolved Question:

I had aggravated harassment charges pressed against my ex-boyfriend and now I want to have them dropped. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.



you need to contact the District Attorney who will be prosecuting the matter - contact that office and ask to speak to the prosecutor - actually you might have better luck with speaking with the victim/witness coordinator - since you are the "victim"


there is no guarantee that they will drop the charges - because it is now in the hands of the state and therefore their total discretion


but this is how you would begin to have them dropped - or at the very least placed on an inactive docket - this means that if there are no other alledged crimes against this person in 18 to 24 months then this matter will be as if it never occured. but if there are subsequent charges for anything the state can bring this matter forward within that timeframe


good luck


Sam and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you