How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christy Your Own Question
Christy, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 462
Experience:  Former General Counsel for nationwide corporation. Contracts, rental properties, business law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Christy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have loaned a buisness over a 100,000.00 dollars the president

Resolved Question:

i have loaned a buisness over a 100,000.00 dollars the president has not issued me my stock...or made an attempt to pay back the loan.....can i get a restraining order on this company it is a corporation
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.

In what state is the corporation?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
in north dakota
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.
I will research the laws for you, it may take me about an hour to get back with you. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you christy i await your answere
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.

In this situation, in your state, you could seek a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to freeze the assets of the corporation, especially if corporate money is being spent for personal uses by the president.

You are correct in your assumption that you should hire an attorney to do this for you. You certainly have the right to do it yourself, but with complicated business transactions you would be better off with someone who can navigate the court system for you.

This restraining order or injunction will not get your money back. It will simply freeze the assets for a time. You will need to file a separate lawsuit, naming the corporation and the president as defendants to recover on the amounts due to you.

If I have answered your question, please click Accept. I am happy to answer follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Christy and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions