How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VanDLaw Your Own Question
VanDLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  General Practice, Wills, Probate, Family, Bankruptcy
Type Your Legal Question Here...
VanDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a small business owner and dealer for an internet service

Resolved Question:

I am a small business owner and dealer for an internet service provider.I have a customer taking me to small claims court because his system did not work for his application.His contract is with the provider and not with me.Do I need to have a lawyer with me on the day of the court?Should I counter for wages lost due to having to appear?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 8 years ago.



It is always good to consult an attorney any time you are a party to a lawsuit. The attorney can advise you, and work on your behalf. If the Court finds that you are not part of the contract and therefore not a proper party for the lawsuit, the Plaintiff could end up having to pay your attorney's fees, and costs. This has to be properly plead, or presented before the Court. So if the money is the issue, you could be investing in an attorney up front only to have it save you lots of time, money and aggravation later on.


Of course you are not requird to have an attorney present and can represent yourself.

VanDLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you