How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyKaren Your Own Question
AttorneyKaren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  14+ YEARS ATTORNEY
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttorneyKaren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Involuntary Commitment in year 2000. Out in 2001. Still kept

Customer Question

Involuntary Commitment in year 2000. Out in 2001. Still kept under Conservator and Guardian. Promanent MD and Psychiatrist testified in Probae Court that I was never mentally ill. Probte Court continues to maintain that I am an incapacitated person and will not remove Conservtor and Guardianship. All medical experts involved testified in my favor. How do I regain conrtrol of my estate? Children have been my Conservtor and Guardian for their on self-serving purposes. They have profitted greatly from holding these positions. Probate Judge supports children. Same Judge who had me committed without a prior medical examination.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 8 years ago.
My suggestion is that you hire your own attorney and that he/she files a motion with the court to order an independent medical/psyc evaluation. Also, you may want your counsel to try to recuse--have the Judge removed--with cause--it does not seem like he is impartial and it appears he has pre-judges your case and is not hearing your side.
I would contact your local bar association to find an attorney that specializes in elder law.
That seems like it would be your best way to handle the situation.
I wish you the best--
AttorneyKaren and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.



Thank you for your response to my legal questions. I have tried Alabma Bar Association


in the past but all attorneys who were recommended refused to take my case. Various


reasons were given (mostly we don't handle involuntary committment cases). so that


let's that out.


I am talking to a young law school graduate reommended by the Jones Law School


from which he gaduated but I have no money to pay him so don't know if he can go "pro


bono" until I regain my Esate to pay him with.


Knowing the Probate Judge as I do, I do not think he will recuse himself. Think best bet


is to file in a higher court. We have already been turned down by this Probate Court so


I think an appeal to maybe the Circuit Court is in order. If "my" attorney can not go for


free for a while then I should file as a pauper because I have been declared a Pauper by


this Judge so He could Appoint the Attorney of "His Choice" for representation. No


good. Circuit Court can appoint different attorney for me. Words of wisdom are most


welcome. What say ye Karen? One Ciruit Judge is an Uncle to this Probate Judge.


How do avoid getting that sport ? God Bless - Charles A. Prfice

Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 8 years ago.
Good luck and God Bless you Charles--you are quite competent and a great writer--
don't give up--take it to the higher court and don't consent to having the relative Circuit Judge hear your matter.
All the best--

Related Legal Questions