How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33395
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the State of Nebraska. Someone whom I do know came

Resolved Question:

I am in the State of Nebraska. Someone whom I do know came into my home without me knowing, and found my E- mail opened on my computer. He copied everything I had on my E- mail from way back maybe even one year ago or longer. I thought about filing a police report. Was that legal of him to come into my home without me knowing and using my copy machine and paper to copy all my E- mail information and even all my E- mail addresses? He has all that information at his home. He told me everything because he was upset about the E- mails he found.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
No, it was not legal for them to enter your home without your knowledge or permission, although if you had given them permission before it makes it a little hard to prove a criminal case.

Likewise, it was not permissible for them to copy all of your emails and use your paper. The most likely charge the police would file would be theft.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you