How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  Juris Doctorate Degree
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my fiance of 4 yrs has been my rep payee she through the paper

Resolved Question:

my fiance of 4 yrs has been my rep payee she through the paper work on my desk and said it was to stressfuli asked for records she had none i aquired what i could from the bank and found commingleing of funds tranfers between unrelated accts tranfers of my benifits directly to her individual accct and then out of the bank altogether when i confronted this she told i didnt trust her and i had to move out all my benifits were gone i have a tbi and do not know how to proceed it may be to much for me emotionally.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.



First of all, she stole money from you which is a crime. You need to report this to law enforcement, such as the police department. Show them your bank accounts and all your records.


Second, she should be reported to the Social Security Administration. Anyone who is a payee is responsible for managing someone else's funds in an honest manner. She can be held responsible for this as well.


If this is going to be terribly draining on you emotionally, please call Legal Aid, or some other organization that can provide someone to help you "wade" through all this. If not Legal Aid, perhaps someone from your church could help, or a good friend. I'm sure people will be glad to get this woman stopped so she does not steal from anyone else.


My best to you.

dkennedy and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you