How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  Juris Doctorate Degree
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took a ring into a family jewelery store in Ft. Lauderdale

Customer Question

I took a ring into a family jewelery store in Ft. Lauderdale to be resized. I bought the ring in Indiana on Feb 3 and took the ring into the Ft. Lauderale Jeweler around February 11. The jeweler lost the ring. Frankly, I think somebody in the store liked it, and he took the liberty of selling the ring while telling me it was lost. He wanted time to look for the ring. I have given him time. It is now December and he has never found the ring. When I returned to the store to inquire about what he planned to do about it, he was trying to sell me a ring in his store costing far more, and give me credit for the ring he lost. I want my $1750.00 back for the ring. I have the sales receipt. How do I collect this. He has no interest in paying me a dime.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.



You have no choice, but to sue him in small claims court. You can pick up the forms at your local courthouse, and do this yourself. You have your receipt and your dates. Just file the case, have him served as they suggest at the courthouse (I would use the sheriff or a professional process server) and then, present your case in court.


If this jewelry store is a family business, you could serve the owner. If it is a corporation, then you need to serve the registered agent, which you can find at the Florida Secretary of State website.

Good luck.

dkennedy and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you