How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jim Reilly Your Own Question
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1805
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jim Reilly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the judgement has been paid , do i have to pay the sherif to

Resolved Question:

the judgement has been paid , do i have to pay the sherif to return my property?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 8 years ago.
You first have to obtain and complete a "satisfaction of judgment" form for filing in the court where the judgment was entered. This form has to be signed by the judgment creditor and notarized; or signed by the creditor in front of the court clerk.

You can print out a copy of the satisfaction of judgment form from this webpage:

Once you have the satisfcation of judgment form, take it to the sheriff's department and they will release your property. You should not have to pay any fee to the sheriff, as their fees are paid by the plaintiff and should have been included in the amount you had to pay to satisfy the judgment.
Jim Reilly and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you